Friday, July 10, 2015

Making Yourself at Home


I am very fond of Jane's Seymour's book Making Yourself at Home. It's all about styling your home with what you have, and what you enjoy.  Even though my taste is nothing like hers (except for the lilies!), it's still inspiring to be reminded of various joys of homemaking. Setting a pretty table, arranging the dishes in your cupboards, displaying garden produce, making art with your children, laying out your favorite books, setting up little vignettes, cutting flowers, and looking around your home with fresh eyes..


3 comments:

Farrah said...

I loved her in Dr. Quinn. I'll see if the library has it.

Margo said...

what a simple, often-overlooked concept! and rats, my library doesn't have this book.

Instagram.com/melissasnotes said...

Our Library has it! Usually they don't have the kind of books I want to read, so I use the Interlibrary loan site for the whole state, it's actually very useful.

Related Posts with Thumbnails