Friday, February 20, 2015

Jersey Short Stays


So the knitted short stays  came out a little strange, but I picked up the thrown-down gauntlet with a yard of jersey (actually way less). I traced my knitted garment, cut it out in fabric, and then added a lot of length. And a princess seam at the bust.


And my favorite part, the pintuck and two flanking darts at the back.


I don't love this turquoise color, and I really don't love it with brown, but I think I nailed the fit! And I'm drafting a version with sleeves now. Cozy.

10 comments:

seashoreknits said...

A great success! This is so pretty and feminine - and I actually like the turquoise and brown combo.
Love all the Alabama Chanin touches, also.
Bravo, Anna!

Xenia Kathryn said...

This is beautiful, and one of my favorite color combinations. I am hoping to make something similar, only with long sleeves, to wear over long dresses. Dreamy! The cross you are wearing is beautiful, too!

Lisa said...

And a pretty cross necklace!

Lisateresa

Wendy said...

So funny, I always were turquoise with brown! Very clever way to make a pattern, I need to get over my fear of not using a tissue pattern to sew.

Carol Urban said...

I love blue and brown together! I think the stays over your dress look terrific!

Unknown said...

Love it! I think it looks amazing! Did you make the brown dress as well? I really like this a lot.

Lisa said...

I also like the turquoise and brown.

Lisateresa

Instagram.com/melissasnotes said...

I'm with everyone else, the brown and turquoise look lovely together, and very nice on you.

chacogabi said...

What pattern did you use? I love this!

Anna said...

This is my own pattern! I hope to have it available in my etsy shop by the end of May.

Related Posts with Thumbnails