Friday, July 15, 2011

The Bistro in the Backyard


This little corner of the backyard is really working this year. The forsythias next to the house filled in, a lot, this spring, the hydrangea is always wonderful, and with a chair and table moved around from the front porch, we have a very nice little place to sit. I often find Felix here with his Kindle.

My plan is to spread this little square with pea gravel, and get some dedicated, French-cafe-style chairs for it. So now the Composer is calling it "the bistro." I guess he thinks he's funny. I guess I think so too.

5 comments:

Leah H said...

Looks wonderful! :)

Lisa said...

It's like adding to the rooms of your house - a new getaway.

Lisateresa

Margo said...

Our china is Dansk "Bistro" and our piano is in the dining room - for some reason we got the idea that we had a little Parisian bistro going on in our dining room! Fun to make/discover a new place in the house. . .

Davene Grace said...

What a lovely spot to hang out with a Kindle! For my oldest son's birthday, we got one for him. Is it OK if I admit that I'm a tiny bit envious of him? Maybe one of these years, I'll get one, too. ;-)

Farrah said...

As a mother of a child that has difficulty reading, I love hearing about Felix sitting in the "bistro" and reading...a dream come true!

Related Posts with Thumbnails