Monday, March 07, 2011

Slow Design


Natalie Chanin calls her work "Slow Design" and she is not wrong. First I found the jersey. Washed it. Pressed it. Traced off the pattern. Cut it out. Cut out the jersey pieces. Located Mylar to use for a stencil. Located fabric paint. Cut the repeats in the stencil. Printed half my fabric pieces. Printed the other half.


Almost time to sew.

Slow, but I love every bit of it. These pieces will be backed by another layer of jersey, and each leaf shape will be outlined by a running stitch. Then I'll sew them together into a fitted top. But not this day.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

This design is beautiful, and I am sure it will be well worth the extra time. Can't wait to see the finished garment.

Lisa said...

Oh, nice! I look forward to seeing this - I keep thinking about that lovely tote bag she designed. Some day! :)

Lisateresa

~katie~ said...

Hoping to see the finished product?? =) Oh, how I would love some sewing lessons from thee...such lovely work.

Rebekah said...

I'm slowly learning these techniques, too. One thing I have learned is that all jerseys are not created equally. I love the colors you're working with!

Related Posts with Thumbnails