Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Polishing Off a Tablecloth

So I haven't bought any new fabric in months and have been living out of my stash. This has been such a source of inspiration! All those little projects I've thought up along the way but never got to, lured as I was by the glowing new yardage folded on the shelf--those dogs are having their day!

My most recent irrational goal was to use up every scrap of a delightful vintage tablecloth that has appeared here before. Done! All that's left are postage-stamp sized pieces. A little retrospective of the tablecloth's earlier appearances:

A wallet:


A handbag:


A smock for a toddler:


A drawstring purse:


. . . and the very last projects are here at Etsy.

11 comments:

Tracy said...

I love your projects Anna. Your cold weather is certainly bringing out the creativity at your place.

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

Strawberries... yum! Beautiful work.

Anonymous said...

so sweet!
-MaryAnne

Hill upon Hill said...

I would so like to hear how your day proceeds....you have a young daughter and children of ages that still need you. I gather you spend a lot of time with your children and you homeschool. You bake and how do you find time to sew?

Karen said...

Thrifty and beautiful, as usual!

Lifeasahoosier said...

I love that smock. My daughter needs a new one....where did you find the pattern?

cathieb said...

all kinds of cute :o)

Xenia Kathryn said...

Oh! I was the one who bought your other strawberry wallet a while ago... I use it every day and I get so many compliments on it. I was eager to buy this one that you posted, but I see that it's already gone! Go figure :D

Elisabeth Black said...

Oh no, how did I miss that wallet? I recognize the pattern, from BTRS, right?

This reminds me of Turkey Feathers' wool blanket projects. She made the cutest little lamby pattern along the way, using up an entire wool blanket. Have you seen her website, patternbee.com? Fun stuff there; you might like it.

Roberta said...

I have this very tablecloth in perfect condition, a gift from a friend.
Love the smock and tea cozy you made from it.

Anonymous said...

I haven't been here for awhile and you and boy have I been having fun lookinf through all your older post. These are just precious. Love all your tablecloth creations!
Take care!
~Salina

Related Posts with Thumbnails