Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Shelf Full of Tins


Lately I am adoring kitchen tins printed with red roses. I picked up two more today during a trip to Tiny Town. This was a long-promised trip to Tiny Town, because the boys, like everyone in their right mind, were wanting to make a 41-mile uphill bike ride in the heat.

They did it this morning, and the girls and I came along in the car. We tanked up on barbecue, then divided and conquered the antique mall where everything costs either $4 or $8. I have my four oldest children trained to alert me to the things they know I will like, which is why I now have two more tins, a copper bread box, some vintage fabric, and two yellow Pyrex bowls.

All done by delegating!

10 comments:

YayaOrchid said...

You're such an accomplished homemaker AND you've got a wonderful sense of humor! I can fully appreciate the importance of training your loved ones to know your tastes in antiques and all things vintage. :)

Rina said...

Pyrex is my bad habit. I've been known to spend hours perusing eBay and once, spend a fairly ridiculous amount of money on a full set of near mint primary colored nesting bowls.

I love them. :)

Anonymous said...

Would love to see pictures of your 2 new pyrex bowls!

Kendra

Anonymous said...

Great finds!
Blessings!
Once again, I love your pictures.
Mrs. Farrah Ginter
http://homesteadblogger.com/keeperofthehome/

Miss Riya said...

My husband and two of his friends once rode their bikes from New Orleans to Pensacola for the fun of it. We women enjoyed ourselves paying in the sand and eating delicious seafood while waiting on our valiant crusaders to finish their journey. ;-)

Unknown said...

I love the tin with the yellow flowers- a beauty! I, too, love pyrex. I know exactly what I am looking for when I go thrifting. My hubby will declare everything junk or overpriced before I even step in the door! But not I, one man's junk is many times my treasure!

Le said...

I would love to see the pyrex.

Wenonah4th said...

Lovely! My mom's got a shelf of tins, but most of them are vintage product tins rather than just-for-pretty.

gina said...

so pretty! and, i'm a little jealous of an antique mall where everything is either $4 or $8. trying to to covet. ha ha. sounds like a lovely day!

Nikki @ Saving For A Rainy Day said...

Another one here asking to see the Pyrex! It is my bad habit as well. Especially the Friendship patter.

Related Posts with Thumbnails