Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Cranberry-Blueberry Cake

This beautiful and delicious (and dairy-free!) cake picnics easily if left in its pan until needed. Just slice in the pan, and flip each serving out onto the diner's plate so she can enjoy the beautiful deep colors.

*Cranberry-Blueberry Cake*

Grease an 8-inch cake pan, and preheat the oven to 350.

Whisk together in a bowl, and then sprinkle in the pan:
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. allspice.

Evenly distribute:
1 c. fresh or frozen cranberries and
1 c. fresh or frozen blueberries
over the sugar. Set aside.

In electric mixer, cream:
1/2 c. margarine
1/2 c. sugar
until light and fluffy.

Beat in:
1 egg
1 t. vanilla.

In another bowl, whisk together:
1 1/4 c. flour
1 1/2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt.

Blend into creamed mixture.
On low speed, beat in:
1/2 c. rice milk. Or use regular milk.

Spoon batter into the pan over the berries, slide into the oven, and bake 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick poked in comes out clean. Cool in the pan, and if serving at home, turn out onto a platter.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the sharing the recipe. After looking at the lovely pictures you posted of your picnic I was really hoping to bake a similar cake. You have made my wish come true.

isoinpapu said...

First time here...Oh, you make so beautiful things! I love these vintage dresses! So beautiful! Everything. wow.

Simply Stork said...

looks so yummy...thanks for the recipe...I think I'll give it a go...my family thanks you!
~simply stork~

Becky K. said...

I love anything with cranberries. The cake sounds yummy!
Becky

Anonymous said...

My girls and I tried your recipe today and took it to the park this evening to eat. We turned it out onto plates just like you suggested and it was beautiful and delicious! I love your blog! It is so inspiring and beautiful and uplifting. Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love your blog! Thanks for the recipe. My hubbster and I have date night tomorrow night and I'm going to surprise him with this cake and sunset!

Related Posts with Thumbnails