Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Two Birthday Girls

With girl birthdays only four days apart, a joint party was bound to happen sooner or later. This year was later, as our trip fell right in the middle of birthday week.


Clara got twelve candles.


Daisy got three. She went last. She is my third daughter to celebrate her third birthday in a bathing suit, I think. Not a time in life when you want a lot of extra fabric, I guess.


Felix and my mother. She is most excellent at birthday gifts.


Daisy gestures triumphantly at *all* the packages.


And works that pink ribbon.


A perfect example of the principle that the older you get, the smaller and more expensive your presents become. Season tickets to the symphony orchestra--the only thing Clara wanted.


For Daisy. She wore out the paperback version in the car by demanding over and over the chapter where Piglet is secretly slipped into Kanga's pocket and then given a torturous bath.

Clara does such a fine Eeyore.

10 comments:

Tracy said...

It looks like a lovely celebration, Anna. My brother and I share the same birthday, so naturally we celebrated together each year. My daughters' birthdays are six days apart. Autumn is 14, Abigail is 8. We have yet to combine them, but there will probably come a time...

By the way, I make your coffee cake weekly around here. I served it to company this week, and it was a huge success. Do you mind if I post the recipe on my blog? I'll link back to you, and give you the credit, of course!

Anna said...

tracy--help yourself to the recipe! I'm so glad you've enjoyed it.

Davene said...

Happy birthday to your girls! What a beautiful celebration of beautiful young ladies.

I'm already planning to take our Winnie-the-Pooh book along on our road trip/beach vacation in September. I have great memories of reading in the car as a girl, and I look forward to doing that with my boys now. Who better than Pooh to take along? :)

Bonnie said...

Belated happy birthday to your girls!
My 2 munchkins are 2 years and one day apart, they shared the same due-date.

Mrs. H said...

Happy Birthday to Clara and Daisy! I just posted yesterday about two of my boys' birthdays, which are ten days apart and have also fallen in with vacation time this year. And like Mrs. Bonnie, they shared the same due date.

After reading Tracy's comment, I thought perhaps I should let you know that I posted about your Gingerbread a while back, but I did include a link to your post ;) And , honestly, I think only my family saw the post anyway! It was delicious, btw.

Thanks for always being such an inspiration!

Have a lovely day!
Mrs. H

Elisabeth Black said...

Hey, we just started that Winnie-the-Pooh! Lovin it!

Julian said...

lovely! Look at Clara! What a beautiful young lady you have! Felix looks so sweet talking to Grammie, and little Daisy sure looks excited. Happy Birthday!
Christina

Knit-Wit said...

Beautiful pictures of beautiful children.

Seawashed said...

Your daughters are visions of beauty. Happy Birthday to Clara & Daisy!

Lisa said...

Happy birthday to your girls!

I love the look on Felix's face as he looks at his grandma. That is such a precious photo.

Related Posts with Thumbnails