Monday, April 30, 2007

Schoolhouse Pork Loin

Pork loin is a standby here for feeding a crowd. Compact, inexpensive, easy to serve, and completely delicious, it's the perfect company dinner. If you want to be Southern, be sure and serve it with cheese grits and sauteed greens. But you don't have to.

*Schoolhouse Pork Loin*

Place any size boneless pork loin, fatter side up, in a pammed roasting pan with a good-fitting lid.
Juice a lime or lemon, and an orange, and pour the juices over the meat.
Sprinkle generously with Jane's Crazy Salt. Grind pepper over.

I swear that's it. You don't even need garlic.

Cover and put into 300 oven for 3-4 hours. No uncovering to brown--it browns nicely under the lid. The meat will be moist, and falling apart tender. And you'll have lots and lots of delicious pan juices, so serve that starch!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the yummy recipe! I used this recipe on a pork roast in the crock pot. And I served cheesy grits with it. A belated Happy Birthday to you! Sounds like your cousin's visit & daughter's trifle were the best gifts.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to sound ignorant but I am in uk and never heard of "grits" or "crazy salt". Can you explain so that I can try to replicate the menu here please.
Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. I tried this recipe tonight and for some reason mine turned out *really* dry. In fact, there were no drippings at all, and the juices stuck to the bottom of the pan. I followed what you said, so I'm confused. I thought the taste was good...just very dry. Help!
Marie

Related Posts with Thumbnails