Friday, February 09, 2007

Pink Rose in a Blue Pitcher



This bit of beauty was very welcome today as we are in the middle of finishing the gigantic Cabinet Painting Project in the kitchen. Back in September we did the bottom cabinets; now we're in the middle of the upper cabinets. Bless the Composer for doing most of the hard work himself--all I do is scrub and tape off glass.

A note on the roses--the grocery store floral department was selling these as "spray roses" because they come on shorter stems, with several flowers to the stem. They cost only half of what a dozen long-stemmed roses would, and I always cut my stems fairly short anyway, so they were a great buy!

6 comments:

Heather Anne said...

Breathtaking - this is our daughter's favorite shade of pink - she would wear it everyday, if she had enough clothing in this shade! I think those roses would look very well with my new vintage looking tablecloth and napkins - a great 'find' last weekend! I'll have to hunt up some spray roses for our Valentine's Tea Party!

Karen said...

Beautiful shade of pink. I love roses, well, flowers of any kind, actually. Thanks for sharing. Ready for spring! :-D

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful rose, and such a nice touch when winter is at its coldest and dreariest (at least in my little corner of the world)! Your photography is gorgeous...you have a great eye for it.

Woman of the House said...

Beautiful rose! We painted our cabinets a few years back, and what a chore it was! But we are glad we did it.

I've been visiting your blog for just a couple weeks, and I thoroughly enjoy it. The photos are gorgeous!

Magistra Mommy said...

Anna,
I can empathize with the arduous task of painting kitchen cabinets (we did it ourselves a few months ago now), but isn't it amazing how they visually lighten a room? Ours were in good shape, but very dingy looking. One coat of Honeysuckle Bloom and they look amazing. Good luck in finishing up! :o)

AmeliaB said...

What a beautiful rose. It is so freash and warm esp. when it is so cold outside at our house! What color are you painting the cabinits?

P.S. I love your blog. It is so inspiring and colorful.

Related Posts with Thumbnails