Friday, September 22, 2006

Flannel Big Girl Jammies

Clara and I made her these flannel nightgowns this week. Isn't that the best raspberry color? We added some hot pink velvet ribbon across the yoke. The great thing about doing side-by-side projects is that I can demonstrate and then she can do one herself--and then we have two finished! She has sewn before, but this pattern had an interesting back facing technique, as well as lots of gathers which were also new for her.



I was reflecting as I was finishing those long, long seams, that it might be time to get a serger. Since apparently the girls' seams are only going to be getting longer each year. I do make a point of finishing pajamas nicely, so that they will hold up for lots and lots of washing and wearing--more than a regular dress.




She'll be cozy this winter!

10 comments:

Morgan said...

Absolutely beautiful! Are you for hire ? LOL

G.L.H. said...

That is beautiful fabric. And, what a great idea to do side-by-side projects!

--Barbara

Cindi said...

You are an amazing woman! Will you teach me to sew? I love the color in these jammies. How do you find the time to do all you do? It just amazes me.

Heather Anne said...

I like to french seam nightgowns for longer wear, but a serger is most helpful and time saving. I would recommend the ease of use and dependability of a BabyLock, but I've found the best thing to do is sit down at a machine in the store and spend an hour or two trying it out. Perferably without little distractions! I love the flannel! I was looking for classic flannel prints for our daughter, but all I saw today were very modern, showy and inappropriate (hot little lady and spank me - what are they thinking?)prints, or florals so washed out and faded they would look raggy by the third wash. You hit on a lovely combination - classic and colorful! Lovely

Mississippi Girl said...

How beautiful these are! Absolutley love them.
Jennifer R.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful flannel print!! I love the idea of side-by-side sewing projects. Perfect!

Anonymous said...

Can you share what pattern you used for these? Is it suitable for a seamstress with pretty average skills? (me ; ))

Anna said...

Kim--

These were sewn from McCalls 4252 . It is a very simple pattern to use and the directions are sufficient, I think. It would be a good pattern for a beginner. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Anna! I will be running errands tomorrow and will look for it.

Anonymous said...

Im not really sure if I should admit to this LOLOL but I keep coming back to your blog just to look at the sweet jamas you made a little while back cause they are so pretty,but then today i found these delishous beauties so i'll be back just to adore these as well

Related Posts with Thumbnails