Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Treasure Hunt: Day Six

Today I went in the pantry and excavated a can of coconut milk, which changed my boring dinner plans (which had been baked chicken pieces, steamed cauliflower, etc.). Instead I put together a big pot of chicken curry, with browned chicken pieces, broth, lemon grass (treasure from the freezer!), curry powder, and coconut milk, with cauliflower stirred in at the last, all served over rice.

It warmed my heart to see Daisy shovel it in, after several days of depressed appetite due to a cold.

5 comments:

Lucy said...

Sounds yumptiously yummy. It's been fun sharing your treasure hunting :o)

cathieb said...

Thanks for sharing your treasures. Make me wonder what treasures I have hiding somewhere.

Would you mind sharing your Chicken Curry recipe - sounds yummy :)

God bless,
Cathie

Kelli said...

Sounds yummy!! I'm glad Daisy is started to feel better.
Kelli

Anna said...

Mrs. Cathie--
No recipe! I browned my chicken pieces in a skillet, lifted them out and browned an onion in the fat, stirred in about 3 T. mild curry powder to brown, then dumped all in the crockpot along with half a can of chicken broth, the infamous can of coconut milk, some lemon grass, and a little salt. At the last I steamed my cauliflower separately then stirred it in, and dissolved 2 T. cornstarch in 1/4 c. cold water, then stirred that in to simmer and thicken for a few minutes. It's just a fake curry!

cathieb said...

Thanks Anna ~

No recipe is even better :)

God bless,
Cathie

Related Posts with Thumbnails