Friday, May 12, 2006

Alterations

For today's adventure, the children and I stopped in at the alterations lady's shop downtown. She has a great space right on Main Street, with huge windows which house rows of orchids, a series of really large downtown cats that live in her shop, and a few good toys.

While she pinned my new suit (jacket and pencil skirt in "espresso") into a more flattering shape, everyone found something of interest: Bella was using a lint roller on the big orange cat while Giles charmed it into submission, Clara and Felix were enchanted with the orchids, and Daisy swooped in on the baby doll and toy stroller, pushing them madly around the racks of clothes. It was hard to leave.

2 comments:

Cherish the Home said...

Oooh, love the jacket! I bet the suit will looks so lovely on you! I need to find a good tailor too. Everything is always too big in the waist for me because of the size of my hips! (o;

Anonymous said...

I made your chocolate chip cookies today...YUM!! I need to keep away from them or I'll be visiting the alteration lady's shop ~ to have everything I own let out!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails