Thursday, November 10, 2005

Vintage Finds: Retro-Style Aprons


How cute are these? I've been making the lower right apron for Clara and Bella this week. Clara's is done--I used a pale pink retro print with bright yellow bias binding. Bella's is started and has a similar print in pale blue. The patterns has adorable vintage details--pockets outlined in bias tape, back darts, gathered flounces, seams finished in bias tape, and little bows tacked on. I am really enjoyed sewing these, and am realizing how much my attitude toward sewing has changed--a couple of years ago I would have chosen the simplest, fastest pattern out there and raced through it as quickly as possible. Maybe it's just that I'm getting old; I have actually learned to enjoy the process.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails