Friday, October 21, 2005

Clara's New Dress





Finished Clara's new dress last night. We especially like the fancy bow with pin-on sequinned pansy. It was supposed to go on the front of the waist but my waist seams didn't really match up at the zipper, and rather than rip and restitch, I just moved the bow. We beaded the neckline and wrists with groups of three brown glass beads--a nice touch which goes shockingly quickly. I think all the beading took maybe twenty minutes. Next up, another play dress for Bella!

1 comment:

Lady Montgomery said...

Clara's dress is lovely!! I also like sewing dresses for my girls. The patterns at Sense & Sensibility are wonderful to work with. Here is a link to my daughter in the 1914 dress http://www.geocities.com/montistrick/page8.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails